This bundle has enough material to cover one year of heritage Spanish class.
First Week of School
FREE- Alta Mar: Temporada 1 // High Seas: Season One
Acrostic Poem lesson – Poema acróstico de mi nombre – a lesson for heritage speakers
UNIT 1: Hybrid Identity
UNIT 2: Food Project & Personification
UNIT 3: Bilingualism
UNIT 4: Translation & Interpreting
UNIT 5: Literary Analysis
Self-love lesson – Amor propio hojas de trabajo // Self-love worksheets
UNIT 6: Latino Representation
– Estereotipos latinos comunes en los medios de comunicación
– Representación latina en contenido por streaming
– Representación latina en contenido por streaming (digital version)
– Ted Talks: Latino Representation
– Ted Talks: Latino Representation (digital version)
– Protocolo de correo electrónico
– Protocolo de correo electrónico (digital version)
– Lectura: Interseccionalidad
– Lectura: Interseccionalidad (digital version)
– Lección: Interseccionalidad
– Lección: Interseccionalidad (digital version)
– Desarrollo del personaje (digital version)
– Billboard WebQuest: Música latina en los Estados Unidos
– Billboard WebQuest: Música latina en los Estados Unidos (digital version)
– 3 lecturas sobre la representación latina en la televisión
– 3 lecturas sobre la representación latina en la televisión (digital version)
I teach the same students for three years so I created a three-year curriculum cycle. The material isn’t necessarily more difficult in year three. All heritage students are in the same course regardless of level and each year the new ninth graders join us.
Mix and Match
You can mix and match units from this bundle with my other two curriculum bundles.
Read my blog post about this Year Three curriculum here.
Read my blog post about the Year One curriculum here.
Read my blog post about the Year Two curriculum here.
Format: This product is somewhat editable. Some lessons are sold as PDFs and some lessons are compatible with Google Apps. Please make sure you are comfortable using Google Drive products before purchasing.
The student materials are in Spanish. Some video content that is recommended in the lesson plans is in English.
The teacher lesson plans are included (written in English).
Duration: These materials are based on 57 minute class periods. There are enough materials to cover around 130 school days (provided that you use the telenovela quizzes included).
Purchasing this bundle includes an individual license. An Individual License is a license that may only be assigned to a single specific individual user “Assignee” (e.g. one specific teacher) for that Assignee’s lifetime use. Individual Licenses are non-transferable and may not be used by or reallocated to a different Assignee (for example, a teacher who purchases an Individual License can use the materials, for her or his lifetime but cannot transfer use of materials to another teacher after her or his retirement).
If a district would like to purchase materials for more than one teacher, please add additional licenses to the cart. If a district would like to purchase materials that can stay in the district and be transferred to a different teacher if someone leaves or retires, please add a classroom license to the cart.